Tuesday, February 26, 2008

R's Grandmother Passed this Week

Early Monday, R's grandmother, Helen, passed away. Helen had a stroke recently and her health has been steadily deteriorating ever since. After staying in the hospital for several days, she returned home only to return to the hospital. Last week, Helen was moved to assisted living.

I know not everyone knew her very well. I think that the only place any of you would have met her was at our wedding. The picture below is one of my favorite from that day. It showed how much she loved her grandchildren (especially when raising R's cousins).

Tomorrow, we're heading to Detroit for the funeral that will be held sometime this weekend.

1 comment:

Jerry and Dena said...

I hope you had a pleasant and safe trip and got back in time for some flics!
I'm in toledo right now and told Grands about Helen - they remembered what a nice lady she was from the wedding.