Friday, February 15, 2008

Back to Florida










I promised pix of the trip - I selected a few to entertain you.
  • First is in Tarpon Springs at the "Sponge Docks". It is extrememly touristy where the Greeks are peddling sponges of all shapes and sizes, olive oil products (which I did buy), lots of junk, cigars, and the best part of all, delicious food (the baklava was heavenly).
  • Next is one of the native birds we saw along the gulf coast - I think it is an ibis.
  • This is a pic of Karen and Joe in their temporary home in front of the palm with the stuffed monkeys, their landlord's attempt at decorating?
  • We went to the Olde Schoolhouse Restaurant in Palm Harbor, which is owned by my high school friend Patti Smith. The food was really good and the prices were even better!
  • Apparently Effingham is not the only place with a giant cross - here is one of the 2 we saw driving on 75 through Tennessee - frightening!
  • And ending with another pic of the Sponge Docks because I have no idea how to edit this part of the blog! At least I did get the pix posted!

1 comment:

comoprozac said...

I've been to Tarpin Springs...it's OK.

You should rent Jesus Camp. It's a documentary about the mega-church movement (mostly in Misery) and features a segment on the guy who builds those giant crosses.