Monday, February 11, 2008

Heartbeats

I think we're official. R and I went to see the doctor today for her first prenatal appointment. Not knowing what to expect, we entered a little uneasy but prepared to ask plenty of questions.

Nothing too enlightening was exposed while "interviewing" the doctor. We like her a lot. I think she will allow us to make this birth as natural as possible. This is a good thing.

What we really didn't expect was to gain any concrete evidence that we really are pregnant. The doctor rubbed this monitor that made a bunch of static-y noise over R's abdomen. Then, we heard it: a heartbeat.

That's when it became real for me. (Of course, it's been real for R for the last 10.57 weeks.)

We got our flu shots and returned to work, but I won't soon forget those heartbeats.

No comments: